ForeverLawn - Fake Grass FAQs
Aren't all synthetic grass systems the same?
- Definitely not! ForeverLawn is clearly a cut above. Please take the time to review our product section, as well as the “Only ForeverLawn” section. In short we have unique products, designed for durability and realism, with a premium backing system and advanced, unique seaming method. ForeverLawn is defining the curve with unmatched and industry leading quality.
Is the grass pet friendly?
- Absolutely. In a low use back yard any of our products will do fine. However, if you have multiple dogs or are looking for a kennel area, K9Grass is the product you want. It is designed specifically for dogs with a new construction featuring our Flow through ™ backing and anti-mircobial blades for maximum protection.
Can animal waste harm ForeverLawn?
- Since the grass is porous, the urine will drain through to the ground beneath and will not stain the fibers. The feces can be scooped and discarded and the remainder hosed off without harming the grass in any way. However, normal type turf systems have restricted drainage and limited cleanability. This is why we developed K9Grass. Low use areas are great for all our turfs, but high use dog areas should use K9Grass.
Will the grass fade?
- Ultimately yes. All synthetics will fade, ours or others. However, ForeverLawn is treated with a UV inhibitor to protect against fading and UV degradation, and we are going on 11 years of real life experience with our turfs, and all is well. Plus, we offer a 10-year limited warranty.
Does the grass have a warranty?
- Yes, our warranty covers fade and excessive wear for 10 years. We expect the grass to last for 12 to 15 years.
How is the grass priced?
- The grass is priced on a per square foot basis which can be figured by taking the width of an area times the length.
How much does the grass cost?
- That’s a tough one due to all the variables such as geographic region, dealer representation, ground prep requirements, access to the area, size of the job, etc. Your best bet is to contact your local dealer. They will be able to provide a site survey and give you accurate answers to all your questions and specific recommendations on the options that will serve you best for years to come. Actual pricing will vary from area to area.
Does water drain through the grass?
- Yes, our grass is perforated throughout to allow for water to properly flow through into the drainage base that has been applied underneath.
Does the grass mold or mildew?
- Due to the non-absorbing nature of the materials used and the drainage base designed to migrate water away from the grass, mold and mildew is not an issue. In fact, our backing is made of an anti-microbial urethane foam and a geotextile fabric made of recycled plastic bottles.
How hot does the grass get?
- The grass does not stay as cool as natural grass which has water running through it, but does not absorb and radiate heat like pavement, rock or brick.
Will the rubber in-fill harm my children or pets?
- Our rubber is non-toxic and in no way will harm either children or pets if swallowed. A material safety data sheet can be provided upon request.
Will the grass catch fire?
- The grass is non-flammable.
How much water would I really save by using your grass?
- According to the water management statistics, 75% of your monthly water bill is for outside use!
What if I spill something on the grass like paint?
- Our grass is made of non absorbing materials that would allow you to simply clean up any spill without staining. A complete care guide will be mailed to you after the completion of the job that will tell you how to care for your grass and clean any spill.
Will the grass harbor any bugs?
- Since the grass has no organic value, the bugs have nothing to feed on and therefore will move on to a yard with real grass. Fire ants have a hard time coming up through the drainage holes and will generally find an area outside the grass that has less resistance.